The physical setting of QUEST is a major benefit. Quest shares a floor with City College and Brooklyn College in the historic Cunard Building at 25 Broadway. Built in 1921 as New York headquarters for the Cunard Steamship Company, it is just steps from lovely and historic Bowling Green Park at the tip of Manhattan and within a block of Battery Park. The building is surrounded by a wide variety of historic sites such as The Museum of the American Indian in the former US Customs House, Fraunces Tavern, The Museum of American Finance, as well as restaurants and shops.
Quest members enjoy learning, volunteering, and camaraderie as well as:
- Special Guest Lectures.
- Contributing to Quest’s Q News newsletter and Q Review, our annual literary and art journal.
- Notices about CCNY campus activities of interest to our members and use of CCNY student libraries.
- An opportunity to participate in the governance of Quest through our governing Council and its Committees.
- Social and cultural events such as museum tours, group theater events, discounted theater tickets.
- Workshop training in computer use, PowerPoint and how to lead workshop discussions.
- Free access to computers, the internet and copy machines for course work.
- A spacious student lounge that makes it easy to meet other Quest members over lunch a pre-class cup of coffee.
- Free entry to the Whitney Museum of Modern American Art and other NYC cultural institutions.