Questers believe that curiosity never retires. When you become a member of quest, you will find yourself in an intellectually stimulating atmosphere, and you will meet many very interesting people along the way. Many members tell us that they came to learn, but in the process acquired a whole new set of friends.
Quest members enjoy the following:
- Free entry to the Whitney Museum of Modern American Art.
- Intellectually stimulating study groups with engaging peers.
- The option to develop a new course or present one or more topics in any of the 40 courses offered.
- Special Guest Lectures.
- Workshop training in how to lead and participate in good discussions.
- An opportunity to contribute to Q Review, our annual literary and art Journal.
- Notices about CCNY campus activities of interest to our members.
- An opportunity to participate in the governance of Quest through our governing Council and its Committees.
- Social and cultural events: museum tours, joint theater events, discounted theater tickets.
- Use of our copy machines for course work.
- Free access to computers and the internet.
- Workshop training in computer use is available without charge
- Up to date audio-visual and computer equipment in all classrooms.
- A spacious student lounge that makes it easy to meet other Quest members over lunch or in a pre-class cup of coffee.
The physical setting of QUEST is a major benefit: a floor we share with City College and Brooklyn College in the historic Cunard Building, at 25 Broadway. Built in 1921, as New York headquarters for the Cunard Steamship Company, the Cunard Building is just steps from lovely and historic Bowling Green Park at the tip of Manhattan within a block of Battery Park, and surrounded by a wide variety of museums (The Museum of the American Indian in the former US Customs House, Fraunces Tavern, The Museum of American Finance) restaurants and shops.